- While buying excursions ensure that you are dealing with licensed operators.
- Do not be compelled to buy anything from anyone.
- Be sure you have a means of contact with you anywhere you go.
At the beach
- It is advisable not to leave your belongings or personal properties unattended on the beach while you are in the water.
At the Hotel, Guesthouse, other accommodation
- Report any suspicious, unattended luggage or parcels to the personnel at reception.
- Never leave your luggage unattended unless it is locked away in your room.
- Store valuables in the safety deposit box.
- Keep your room locked.
- If someone knocks, check who it is before opening the door. Contact reception if you have any reason for concern.
- Hand your keys in whenever you leave.
- Inform your friends or hotel personnel where you are going.
In your vehicle
- Do not leave your valuables exposed in unattended vehicle even if it is locked.
- Lock valuable items in the boot (trunk) before your departure.
- At night, park in well-lit areas.
- Never pick up strangers or hitchhikers.
- If in doubt about the safety of an area, phone a police station for advice and help.
On hiking trails
- In the interest of personal safety and having assistance in the case of a physical or medical emergency, it is advisable to explore trails in groups.
- Steer away from isolated areas unless accompanied by a guide.